Thursday 18 August 2011

leaving on a jet plane.

Salam.
so too many things happened to me this month. how weird. it's almost like Allah has decided to test my level of gratitude when He gave me all I wanted. *takut* sebab nanti tak terbawa semua kurniaan. nanti terlupa untuk sentiasa bersederhana.

anyway, i've been happily baking for the past week. all the orders made me smile. :) thank you ladies!



Oreo Cheesecake for Nadeem's babysitters


 Date Chocolate Cake with Cream Cheese for my MIL.  A seriously good recipe.

Geraldine's Date Cake
Makes one 10-inch cake


2 cups of pitted dates, halved
1 1/4 cups hot coffee (I used plain hot water)
2/3 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup white flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup good-quality chocolate chips (or else it will sink)


1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 10-inch round cake pan, line the bottom with a round of parchment paper and butter the paper as well. (This is an important note!) Set aside. Loosely fill a 2-cup measure with the pitted, halved dates and cover with the hot coffee. Let sit for 5 minutes while you prepare the other ingredients.


2. Cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and the vanilla extract. Sift the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda into the butter-egg mixture. Mix gently to combine.


3. Pour the dates and coffee into a blender or use an immersion blender to puree the mixture completely. Add the pureed dates to the batter and blend to combine.


4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the top evenly with the chocolate chips.Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the edges begin to pull away from the side of the pan. Cool the pan on a rack until cool enough to handle, then gently turn the cake out onto a cake plate. Serve at room temperature.


Ayam madu for berbuka. I like it, hubby didn't. :p 




Of course, mestila ada macarons kan...


Chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream for Sarah - Kak Ann & Abg Zairi's daughter. :)

I'm leaving Fiberail next week. I might/might not cry. I don't know. I'll miss my colleagues so much. Hopefully I'm making the right choice insya Allah.

No comments:

Post a Comment